4 Aug 2008

In need of redemption

So Lord, what would you have me do?
My life is halfway through
I haven’t accomplished very much
Instead I’ve upped Apathy a notch

Society, all going to the dogs
I’m no better, same sorry sod
Living a world of disillusionment
Where money makes for life’s fulfilment

I don’t understand the people around
Strutting abound with make-believe crowns
What they think mean something
But oh! near sighted, little bitty humdings

Buying into that slim-is-sexy theme
Scalpelling the way to self esteem
Sure, that SUV is will be your salvation
And Victoria’s chic bob your redemption

When did life become so shallow
And materialism good enough for a bedfellow
Then golden toys and trinkets stop thrilling
And an empty darkness loom, beckoning

How to end this fatal existence
With my life a farce and all pretending
But every time to kneel, to start praying
I’ll always just end up blubbering

No comments: