18 May 2008

Huh goes the mo

Be happy for those around you
Although you’re crying inside
For the injustice of it all
That you’re always
The last one left behind

What your heart desires
Never seems to ever come to fruit
And you wonder where you’ve gone wrong
Again. To experience the happiness
Only through other peoples’ lives

You tell yourself to stop feeling sorry
To quit having pity
To rejoice in the hand fate dealt you
And forget about the rest
Like the longing in your heart

Like the man whose feet are too big for his shoes
You have what you have but they never fit
So do you accept those shoes
Or would you rather go barefoot
And wait for the glass slipper?

Some say you make those shoes
But what if cobbler training fails you
Then what have you to show?
But tattered leather and bare feet
And even sorrier than you were before

How do you be happy for others
When you aren’t happy?
How do you make the way for yourself
When you’re horrendous at maps?
Or is it ok to get lost and let fate lead the way

I’ve tried all them guide books
And all the so-called inspiration stuff
Even turned my life over to God
He says patience my child
I say Father I’ve waited too long

I’m tired of being patient to be patient
I’m tired of being left behind
I’m tired of always being the last
And never being the first
Am I missing something?

No comments: